How much is Katie Ledecky worth? $68,000
How did Katie Ledecky earn her money and wealth?
Katie Ledecky is a world-famous competitive swimmer hailing from The United States of America. She is a five time Olympic gold medalist and 14-time world champion. Born in Washington, D.C. to Mary Gen and David Ledecky as Kathleen Genevieve Ledecky, Katie began swimming at the age of 6. She was ery much encouraged by her mother who swam for University of New Mexico. She graduated from Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart in 2015. While at school, Ledecky set the American and US Open record in the 500-yard freestyle and the national, high-school record in the 200-yard freestyle twice. Following her mesmerizing records and skills, Katie Ledecky sacked herself an athletic scholarship to Stanford University.
Her United States Olympic Trials debut was in 2012 at the age of 15 where she was placed first in the 800-meter freestyle, third in the 400-meter freestyle thus setting the record for being the fastest time ever set by a 15- to 16-year-old American and ninth in the 200-meter freestyle.
She made it to the Summer Olympic Games in London at the age of 15 years, 4 months, and 10 days thus being the youngest American participant at the 2012 Olympic Games. She turned heads in awe by not just bagging a gold medal but also breaking a series of records including Janet Evans’ American record that has been prevalent since 1989. Following this major success, Ledecky won herself the 2012 Best Female Performance of the Year award and Breakout Performer of the Year award at the Golden Goggle Awards.
In 2013 US National Championships, Ledecky came first in the 400-, 800- and 1500-meter freestyle, and second in the 200-meter freestyle.
At the 2013 World Championships, Katie Ledecky sacked 4 gold Ledecky and at the end of the year was named the World Swimmer of the Year and American Swimmer of the Year by Swimming World magazine. She was also crowned the best female swimmer for 2013 by FINA Aquatics World magazine.
Ledecky holds the record for most individual gold medals, overall gold medals at the World Aquatics Championships and 14 individual titles at the Olympics. To her credit, Katie has numerous numbers of accolades including Swimming World World Swimmer of the Year Award for 4 consecutive years, Associated Press Female Athlete of the Year for the year 2017 and Women’s Sports Foundation Athlete of the Year 2017.
Ledecky has turned down a $5 million endorsement deal to enroll herself at the Stanford University. Ledecky has won USA Swimming Athlete of the Year four times in a row from 2013-2016 and is also had been the winner of the USA Swimming Performance of the Year Award consequently for five years from 2012 to 2016.
Katie Ledecky’s Awards and Honors
- Swimming World World Swimmer of the Year Award: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Swimming World American Swimmer of the Year Award: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- FINA Swimmer of the Year: 2013
- FINA Best Swimming Performance of the Year: 2015, 2016
- Associated Press Female Athlete of the Year: 2017
- L’Équipe Champion of Champions: 2014, 2017
- Time 100: 2016 (youngest person on the list)
- USOC SportsWoman of the Year: 2012–13, 2016, 2017
- USA Swimming Athlete of the Year: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- USA Swimming Performance of the Year Award: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Golden Goggle Female Athlete of the Year: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Golden Goggle Female Race of the Year: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Golden Goggle Breakout Performer of the Year: 2012
- Honda Sports Award Winner for NCAA Division I Swimming and Diving: 2016-17 
- Honda Cup Winner: 2016-17 
- Women’s Sports Foundation Athlete of the Year (Individual Sport): 2017